Plants in Condo

Karen pewtermoon at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 11 15:05:04 EST 2002

"John" <johnstmail at nospammingyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<NcPM8.89971$%J4.2096396 at twister.tampabay.rr.com>...
> Hello... I have a question about plants.  I live in FL in a condo by the
> beach and it is pretty smelly around here.  I usually keep the doors/windows
> closed and the A/C on during the summer.  And so, it can smell and feel
> kinda stuffy in here.  I was wondering if I had a plant in my house, would
> that make it seem less stuffy?  Sorry... Its kinda hard to describe.  Is a
> plant like a air filter? lol... what is a nice indoor oxygen producing plant
> that is kinda small and easy to care for?  Sun is a plenty around here if
> need be.  Thanks for all your help and sorry if this is a stupid question.
> I don't know very much about plants and gardening.  My friends mom just said
> that it smelled kinda stuffy in here and it would be nice to have some real
> plants in this place.
>
> Thanks!
> John

Hello John,
  Yes,plants will clean the air in your home.I can't rember all of the
ones that are the most efficient oxygenators,but I do recall that
Spider Plants(Chlorophytum comosum)are one of the best for the
job.They are available at most tropical plant stores,inexpensive,and
easy to grow indoors.
 Good Luck!
 Karen