Plants in Condo

Shiva hypatia at cotse.net
Tue Jun 11 21:37:30 EST 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:28:15 GMT, Leona Henderson <leo at 1starnet.com>
wrote:

>dephanbachia (spelling?)

Here, let me try! dieffanbachia?? Diefenbaccia? Well, I know what you
mean. Wiat, I'll try an online dictionary. Hold da line:

[A few seconds later...] From Dictionary.com:

dief·fen·bach·i·a   Pronunciation Key  (dfn-bäk-, -bk-)
n.
Any of several plants of the genus Dieffenbachia native to tropical
America, having stout, jointed stems and large, variegated leaves and
widely cultivated as an indoor plant. Also called dumb cane, dumb
plant.

> dumb weed (?) Lordy, my mind is
>slipping gears.... but most of you will know what I'm tryig
>to refer to... are very food at taking up bad air.

Trouble is, it is somewhat dangerous for  housecats and dogs, or
anything that might eat it. If ingested it apparentlly paralyzes the
vocal chords for a while, hence "dumbcane." But it is pretty.