Dogs and Peanut Butter

Sunny mashyne at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 13 13:26:51 EST 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:09:23 +0100, "Melanie"
<melanie.mccluskey at tesco.net> wrote:

>A couple of weeks ago I read that some town in the USA (Philadelphia?) had a problem with
>dog owners not scooping their dog's poop from public places.  The great minds of that town
>decided to spread the dog poop with peanut butter, the dogs lick the peanut butter off the
>poop, go home and lick their owner's face, and so the dog owners realise what is actually
>being licked onto their faces, and so they learn to scoop the poop.

How would the owners even know what is in the dog's saliva? Aren't dog
owners already aware that dogs lick many things far less sanitary than
their owner's faces? I think if the city really wants to offend the
dog owners, and are willing to go to all this trouble, they should
package it up and mail it to them via parcel post.

This has to be the weirdest thing I have heard in a long time... try
to picture this scenario..... city representatives in suits and ties
down on their hands and knees on the sidewalk and in the parks,
carefully painting piles of dog poop with Skippy.  Somehow, it's like
a surreal scene out of a very bad comedy.

>So, would this work for cats in the garden?

Do cat's lick their owner's faces? Do they even eat peanut butter?

>Do cats lick their poop?

No. But dogs do.