Dogs and Peanut Butter

nullepart driveblind at voila.fr
Fri Jun 14 05:06:07 EST 2002

Melanie wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago I read that some town in the USA (Philadelphia?) had a problem with
> dog owners not scooping their dog's poop from public places.  The great minds of that town
> decided to spread the dog poop with peanut butter, the dogs lick the peanut butter off the
> poop, go home and lick their owner's face, and so the dog owners realise what is actually
> being licked onto their faces, and so they learn to scoop the poop.
>
> So, would this work for cats in the garden?  Do cats lick their poop?
>
> Regards,
> Melanie

The great thing is that, there, it is news-worthy that people DIDN'T pick up the poop. Here
in france, it would be news-worthy if somebody DID pick up the poop. Every year about 100
people are injured by dogpoop-related accidents, in the Paris area alone.

It's one of the most unpleasant aspects of having moved here. There are sidewalk cafes
everywhere, but the stench of dogpoop makes eating at them nearly unthinkable.