umbrella plant question

Cassandra~* cassandrajcox.leave at .me.alone.hotmail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:29:59 EST 2002

"Hober Mallow" <stephenrnospam at netscape.com> wrote in message
news:Xns91C95F8DF377Dstephenrnetscapecom at 205.217.237.112...
> HI,
>
> My Umbrella plant is getting way to tall. Is it ok to cut the top section
> off? Will new lateral growth appear?
>
> Thanks.
> Stephen.

What I do is pinch the new growth off at the top and that forces the new
growth to grow further and further down.  Keep pinching until it is coming
out in a place that you want it to.  That way it fills in toward the bottom.
If you decide to cut off the top, yeah, it will continue to grow.  And then
just keep up on the pinching of the new growth to keep it at a desirable
height.

C~*