Dracaena Massangeana

a a at a.com
Sun Mar 10 17:08:30 EST 2002

Well, it looks as if only 1 stalk is failing me.  I am thinking about
replanting the whole thing and just removing that stalk.  There are 3 more
that are fairly healthy. It is just I do not what part of the country it
came from, and I have asked the local nurseries in my area how to take care
of it and they have been no help.  They never heard of this particular tree
before.  I have barely watered it since I over watered it originally.  I
would say that in the past 2-3 months, it has gotten about 1 gallon of water
over-all and this has been after waiting for the original water to be
absorbed.  The plant in in front of a french door that has glass panes to
allow light through, it gets light in the afternoon.  The door faces a South
Westerly direction.  I am still concerend about watering and feeding it
though. Again, any further help would be greatly appreciated.

"Cereoid*" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:_pTg8.2897$r63.329432115 at newssvr16.news.prodigy.com...
> Its been 16 days since you asked the question and there really can't be
much
> left of your plant by now. What is the condition of the plant now? Where
do
> you have it?
>
> The "black stuff" really isn't important but you can see if your local
> garden center has it.
>
> a <a at a.com> wrote in message news:a60l7g$7ul$1 at bob.news.rcn.net...
> > Thank you for the information. What do I cap the stalk with though? As I
> > mentioned before, all the stalks were capped with this black stuff...
not
> > sure what it is though. Also, might there be any way to save the plant
> > without losing any of the stalks, or is it too late?  Also, how often
> should
> > it be watered?  How much water? What about feeding it?  Of course if I
> have
> > anymore questions, I will ask. Any help is really appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > "Cereoid*" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > news:yNEb8.10446$EG2.1498051784 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> > > Actually its Dracaena fragrans 'Massangeana', more appropriately
called
> > > "Dragon Tree".
> > >
> > > Your plant has a fungal rot due to over watering. It is best to get
rid
> of
> > > the infected parts and water the plant with a fungicide.
> > >
> > > http://www.hortworld.com/infosources/references/ARChase/yucca.asp

> from
> > > the
> > pot.