Pony Tail Palm ( Beaucarnea recurvata) leaves turning brown

Nikolaus Hiebaum nhiebaum at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 09:25:02 EST 2002

Hi -

My Pony Tail Palm I got a few weeks stands in a room which is bright
and not well-heated (in Vienna, Austria (Europe) we are gradually
heading for winter), and  the some leaves started to turn brown.

I can't really tell whether the soil is dry or watered because there
is moss around it (supposed to look good that's why I'd prefer not
removing it). So, I keep the moss moist, i.e., watering twice a week.
My feeling is that's too much, but I don't know for sure. Maybe it's
normal that the leaves turn brown?

Any advice would be appreciated.

CU, Niki