need advice on houseplants

John Margetts john at jmargetts.fslife.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 01:25:57 EST 2002

Go to a nursery/florist run by someone who cares rather than does a job, and
ask their advice.  It does depend to some extent on where you live ie light
levels, day length, humidity.  A world wide forum won't necessrily give you
the best advice.

The other method of finding out is to try things.  My house is good for
begonias, yet they struggle to live in my friend's house two streets away,
but considerably lower down the hill.

John

"richi" <rich_blen.remove. at web.de> wrote in message
news:al299q$1m9pcq$1 at news.hansenet.net...
> Hi, I´m not sure if this is the right newsgroup for my query but heres
> trying :-)
>
> I´m looking to put some houseplants in my appartment but unfortunately I
> have terminally black fingers (opposite of green fingers).  Every plant
i´ve
> ever had has died on me.
>
> If anyone can suggest a plant (apart from cacti) that is very easy to look
> after and likes a lot of light (I want them to sit under a roof window)
and