need advice on houseplants

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Sep 4 10:04:04 EST 2002

In article <al4th0$1ml2sp$1 at news.hansenet.net>,
richi <rich_blen.remove. at web.de> wrote:
> not quite what i had in mind.  Any other ideas out there?

Your public library probably has many books on house plants.  These books
will recommend plants that are easy to grow in varying amounts of light.
People who grow houseplants often have lots of cuttings to give away,
especially of the ones that are the easiest to grow like pothos (Scindapsis)
and spider plant (Chlorophytum).

Btw, your roof window probably gives a lot less light than you think,
compared to outdoors in a desert, especially at higher latitudes in the winter.