Miniature rose sans many leaves!

Russell Allen russell_allen at btopenworld.com
Wed Sep 11 18:12:57 EST 2002

Cheers for your input Cereoid,

But.... I must say, I'm quite sure with this one it's sun damage!  Y'see, it
was left in DIRECT sunlight for close to a week without being watered, when
I got there to take it back to my place, in transit all the dried out leaves
just flaked away.  My own miniature rose on the other hand, apart from a
minor attack of red spider mite, is in fine fettle.

So it's almost certainly heat damage, alas.  Silly girl!  She wants the
plant back now, but when she sees it I bet she won't.  :)

Russ

"Cereoid+10" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:MTJf9.135$9r2.24 at newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> The same applies as for the Kalanchoe.
>
> Its likely to mean that the plant is shedding its oldest leaves before the
> coming of winter.
>
> Leaves are temporary structures, even for succulent plants. After a season
> of two, even leaf succulents shed their oldest leaves.
>

> Russell Allen <russell_allen at btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> news:alid9l$i2s$1 at venus.btinternet.com...
> > Oh, related to my last post, I'm looking after a miniature rose for the
> same
> > lady (she's in Madiera for 3 weeks... alright for some!).  She ain't too
> > plant au-fait unfortunately, and with the succulent I mentioned in my
> other
> > post, she left a miniature rose in direct sunlight for about 5 days.
It's
> > rather less leafy on the lower stems than it was!  It has some foliage
> which
> > is looking healthy at the top, but ALL the leaves from the lower six
> inches
> > of the stems have fallen off.  What're the long term prospects for this
> > plant becoming more aesthetic?
> >
> > Again cheers in advance for any advice,
> >
> > Russell :)
> >

> > ---