Miniature rose sans many leaves!

Russell Allen russell_allen at btopenworld.com
Thu Sep 12 09:30:19 EST 2002

Yeah, I was afraid that'd be the case, that's what I've been reading in most
of my books here too.  *hmph*  Ah well, any idea why white mildew might have
appeared on the said plant when I started watering it again after it being
so dry?  I'm not sure much about what white mildew is or its' lifecycle.
I've treated the plant with fungicide, so I'm hoping it'll relent, cos this
is not a happy plant!

Again, cheers for your advice,

Russ

"Cereoid+10" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:HY%f9.515$Zz6.384 at newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> There's nothing you can do. Once the leaves have fallen, they are gone
> forever. All you can do is wait for the plant to produce new growth. Be
sure
> to keep on top of watering. If the lady wants her plants back, give them
> her. She probably won't be surprised at all by some leaf drop, especially
> since the past heat wave.
>

> Russell Allen <russell_allen at btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> news:aloili$er3$1 at paris.btinternet.com...
> > Cheers for your input Cereoid,
> >
> > But.... I must say, I'm quite sure with this one it's sun damage!
Y'see,
> it
> > was left in DIRECT sunlight for close to a week without being watered,
> when
> > I got there to take it back to my place, in transit all the dried out
> leaves
> > just flaked away.  My own miniature rose on the other hand, apart from a
> > minor attack of red spider mite, is in fine fettle.
> >
> > So it's almost certainly heat damage, alas.  Silly girl!  She wants the
> > plant back now, but when she sees it I bet she won't.  :)
> >
> > Russ
> >
> > "Cereoid+10" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > news:MTJf9.135$9r2.24 at newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> > > The same applies as for the Kalanchoe.
> > >
> > > Its likely to mean that the plant is shedding its oldest leaves before
> the
> > > coming of winter.
> > >
> > > Leaves are temporary structures, even for succulent plants. After a
> season
> > > of two, even leaf succulents shed their oldest leaves.
> > >

> > > Russell Allen <russell_allen at btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> > > news:alid9l$i2s$1 at venus.btinternet.com...
> the
> > > same