War plant seeds

Barry xbarry at skynet.be
Fri Sep 20 08:19:07 EST 2002

OK Well as I am 59 I guess it was the last war which we again won or there
would not be a Belgium for me to be living in today. I was in the Country
that won England where these dam plants were that as you say was probably a
nickname my mum thought up for them, but to get to ask her about them today
is a bit difficult. Time got her not the Germans and the question at this
time I am not ready to ask :-)

"Cereoid+10" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:i0mi9.15$pb5.2 at newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> Since we don't know where you and your old mum were on the planet when you
> grew these "war plants" and that it is probably a name that she made up
> herself, you may want to browse through pictures in garden books at the
> library until you see pictures of it and get back to us when you know what
> its proper scientific name is. Common names are usually completely
useless.
> Don't need some sophisticated name, just its proper name, Barry.
>
> To which war do you allude? There have been so many over the years!!! I'm
> sure the plant was around long before any of them.
>

> Barry <xbarry at skynet.be> wrote in message
> news:3d87084d$0$213$ba620e4c at news.skynet.be...
> > Look sorry but I am a little lad of 59 and my old mum used to call these
> > plants we had in the garden all winter War Plants and that is all I know
> > about them. In fact they are probably called something far more
> > sophisticated than War Plants but that is all I can tell Sorry. Oh !
They