Low light plant???

Gerd Nilsen gerdn at ibg.uit.no
Mon Sep 23 07:34:33 EST 2002

You will need to have the light on in your bathroom - also when you
are not there yourself, otherways the plant cannot survive for long.
Why do you turn it of anyway? A lightbulb doesn't spend much
electrisity.
 Remember, the plants make their energy and carbonsources by the use
of light. Put a special lamp(lightbulb) with much red and blue light
in you bathroom lamp, and you can have almost any plant there.
Generally, plants with dark green leaves goes better with sparce
light.
If you for some reason don't want to leave the light on, you can
experimenting by giving the plant sugars 10-30 grams/litre water
should be a start. The plant will turn pale, because it do not nees
chlorophyll if there are too little light, but it might survive for an
extended period og time.

Gerd