Need help re: Broken Evergreen Branch - thanks

James McCoughlin none at
Mon Sep 23 18:46:15 EST 2002

Hi all,   (I apologize if this message already came through before, if so,
please reply to this one instead, thanks)

  On a recent visit to my parents house, I've noticed that their latest
tree/bush trimming project has been a disaster.  To make a long story short,
they paid for a horrible service.

Anyway, on the Juniper(?) Evergreen Shrub, a large "very crucial" branch was
damaged and needs to be repaired (I'd rather not remove, it would make the
bush look completely horrible, if I would have to cut it off.

 ->  It turned out that their service people for some reason put a 45 degree
cut into the branch, and appears to very susceptible to breaking off in ice
or snow.
  * The branch and leaves are still alive and growing, but I would like to
straighten out this branch, and secure it to make it withstand extra weight
with a broomstick, and tie it together with those really strong plastic
ties.  Is this a good idea?  Does anyone else have any other/better ideas?
ANY help would be much appreciated!

If I've made details above confusing, please see a picture of this branch
and a diagram of what I've been planning to do at: ( )

Thanks very much everyone!!