plant that grows from a relative of the Yam family?

David Hershey dh321 at excite.com
Sun Feb 9 19:04:04 EST 2003

Instead of making up your own definitions for common botanical terms,
such as rootstock, you should check a book and see how botanists
actually define them.

It doesn't seem like you have any first-hand experience with Dioscorea
yourself since you won't attest to it even when I ask.

The easiest way to answer questions on uncommon plants, such as
Dioscorea, is to look up the answer in books. It's not realistic to
expect to go to a botanic garden and have them dig up their specimens
so they can be examined for tubers or storage roots.

I'm sure somewhere in the botanical literature there are anatomical
studies on storage roots or tubers of Dioscorea.

David R. Hershey