Aloe Vera Plants

jammer j at
Tue Feb 18 02:53:33 EST 2003

It made me sick to read this. This is what i came to ask. I have many
aloe leaves in a vase of water. What happened was i have this
sentimental aloe plant and i probably over watered it. It started
bending and then i noticed the base was turning to mush. I left the
potted base and pulled off the rest of it. There is NOTHING i can

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:37:51 GMT, "Cereoid+10" <cereoid at>

>Aloe vera cannot be propagated from leaf cuttings.
>Not all leaf succulents can be propagated from leaf cuttings.
>Aloe are succulents not Cactus.
>Not all succulents are Cactus.
>rusty <rusty1013 at> wrote in message
>news:uKmcnWnzYZV8obKjXTWcpw at
>> OK, to start off....  This is my first post. I do not know the rules...
>> please disarm any flame throwers
>> Thanks
>> I have an Aloe Plant that was given to me by a neighbor.  This plant is
>> and up until yesterday in good shape.  Last night the plant got knocked
>> the counter by a cat (do not say get rid of the cat... I am not sure which
>> one it was).  A few of the leaves got broken off.  I would like to save
>> and try to get new plants growing from them.  I have dipped them in a
>> rooting hormone, and placed them in soil.  Is this the best thing to do?
>> Any ideas would be helpful.
>> I did this since I have had success with another Succulent type Cactus
>> was too big.  And it took off great.
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Rusty