"Piss Off" plant", Coleus canina ?

Cereoid+10 cereoid at prodigy.net
Sun Feb 23 18:53:13 EST 2003

Coleus caninus (Roth) Vatke (note spelling) is correctly named Plectranthus
caninus Roth.It is a weedy annual species widespread in eastern & southern
Africa and India. There is nothing at all new about the plant and it is no
more a dog repellent than any other foul smelling plant. The allied
perennial Plectranthus neochilus Schlechter would be a better choice because
the foliage smells like a skunk!!!

Marigolds would work just as well.

news:3e5936ff.5412743 at news.telus.net...