"Piss Off" plant", Coleus canina ?

Cereoid+10+ cereoid at prodigy.net
Wed Feb 26 09:31:32 EST 2003

I did a search on "Coleus canina" and not only is the name consistently
misspelled but most of the information given is false and fantasy. The plant
is a well documented widespread weedy species not a hybrid created in
Germany.

It is just the latest plant hoax being perpetrated by some unscrupulous
European dealers. The sad thing is that some American nurseries have fallen
for all the hype hook, line and sinker. They show themselves to be simply
naive and too lazy to do a little homework of their own. Apparently some
garden writers are no better. The shame of it all.

news:umS6a.5$Je1.115666 at news1.atlantic.net...