question from a high school teacher

rkurtz3 at rkurtz3 at
Sat Jul 12 10:25:20 EST 2003

To whom it may concern,

I am a high school on Long Island, NY.  Two of my students have learnt a method of counting and measuring stomates on leaves using clear nail polish.  Has anyone ever heard of or used this method.

These students want to develop a project to study how environmental factors affect stomate density.  They originally wanted to look at carbon dioxide and its effect on stomate density.  But in a high school lab I am not sure if that could be done.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me to relay to my students.

Richard Kurtz
South Side High School
Long Island, NY

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit to sign up today!