question from a high school teacher

rkurtz3 at juno.com rkurtz3 at juno.com
Sat Jul 12 10:25:20 EST 2003

To whom it may concern,

I am a high school on Long Island, NY.  Two of my students have learnt a method of counting and measuring stomates on leaves using clear nail polish.  Has anyone ever heard of or used this method.

These students want to develop a project to study how environmental factors affect stomate density.  They originally wanted to look at carbon dioxide and its effect on stomate density.  But in a high school lab I am not sure if that could be done.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me to relay to my students.

Thanks
Richard Kurtz
South Side High School
Long Island, NY