insects and houseplants

gingerobyn gingerobyn at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 23:37:01 EST 2003

"is the pot sitting in a wet saucer"

well, one was. but some of my plants don't even have drainage saucers
because they dont have holes in the pot.  i did put some stones in the
bottom of the pot under the soil before potting the plants. i did that at my
moms suggestion to try to let the plants drain and keep the roots from
getting to wet. is that the right thing to do?

should i assume that having the plants in wet saucers creates a conducive
environment for those gnats as well?

news:Pine.A41.4.44.0306061010490.135062-100000 at homer34.u.washington.edu...