Ficus Won't Stand

Howard Schlossberg howard at antispahm.fmprosolutions.com
Mon Nov 17 13:35:03 EST 2003

I have a ficus outdoors, planted about two feet from the house, and
currently standing about 12-15 feet.  It has always seemed very healthy,
but a couple of weeks ago I went outside and found it leaning over, its
base slightly pulled out of the ground from the weight.  I tied it
upright to the house, but the leaves are turning yellow.  Another nearby
ficus is still very green.  I'm in Los Angeles, so the temperatures here
have been moderate.  Should I try digging a deeper hole for it, or do
you have any other suggestions?