Edibility of ornamental Ipomoea batatas?

Chuck crobinson22 at grandecom.net
Fri Dec 3 18:16:50 EST 2004

There is also a yam which grows in the southern Mexico wooded areas that is
edible but rather than Ipomea it is related to the Dioscorea group
(spelling?) and also has weak birth control properties.  (I think diosgenin
is extracted from it, A preproduct of birth control medications. )

Chuck

news:41afffc7$0$12675$44c9b20d at news3.asahi-net.or.jp...