[Plant-biology] Stabilising Aloe vera

Dave DVI7-2 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:04:21 EST 2005

Hi

After recent BBC and TimesOnline news articles saying how beneficial Aloe
Vera is I have been trying to find an organic, chemical free supplier.

I have found one that says they use lemon juice to stabilise their product
but another manufacturer, (who uses chemicals) says that's impossible
because as soon as you cut it starts going off. They say it must have been
heated which destroys most of the nutrients any way.

I would value some unbiased scientific opinions (preferable in layman's
terms if possible) on the validity of these statements.

Hopefully this is the appropriate group to ask.

Thanks for any input given