[Plant-biology] Tomato growing..Very interesting...

Stan Dornfeld sdornfe1 at san.rr.com
Sat Aug 5 16:57:12 EST 2006

In an effort to repay this NG for the help given me by the people in here:

We live in San Diego CA US  Southern California.

There is a succulent plant called Red Apple.  It's used as a ground
cover..And we have some. :-)
The leaves are small but thick and fairly strong.  It grows kind of clumpy
and about three to four inches high.

Somewhere came a tomato seed and fell into the Red Apple.  When it grew for
about 2-3 months, it laid over the top of the Red Apple.
It gave us a plant full of tomatoes.  Nice RED ones. I mean there were NO
dead spots as the Red Apple supported the tomatoes on the top of it's
leaves.
Every tomato was like a little red light bulb.  Perfect!

I've watched the Red Apple.  No birds, rabbits, insects, get in it, except
bees go to the flowers for nectar.  From what I can tell, it looks like the
Red Apple isn't
liked very well by animals and so don't attack it.

So!  Now I'm trying to grow big tomatoes in it to see if it works.

Film at eleven.  *Smile

Rest regards,

Stan-