[Plant-biology] Care of Jade Plant

David Grubb via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by dgrubb At shaw.ca)
Fri Dec 1 02:36:55 EST 2006

I have a jade plant over 30 years of age with many thick branches and
off-shoots. I have never re-potted the plant, so we undoubtedly have a
problem in that area -- the plant is very large.

Nevertheless, that is not my main problem.

In the past few days, we have had an unusual freeze situation in
wonderful, mild, Victoria, BC, Canada, and we did not pull the jade
inside before that time. As a result of the freeze, once we brought the
plant inside, all the thick trunks bended over and now demonstrate no
interest in erecting themselves to their two-foot glory.

Can we save the plant? If so, how?

If not, how do we propagate the plant? (The original was a propagation
from my mother's plant.)

David Grubb