[Plant-biology] Garlic and Green Peas

~Sea~ seatick at webtv.net
Sun Jan 1 20:55:30 EST 2006

Hello all, hope you can help me with a research project I am working on.
It concerns the effect that garlic has on the growth of green peas. I
have found that peas that are watered with a solution containing garlic
are stunted, but I have not been able to locate the reason for this.
What is in the garlic, or what is the causative agent, that stunts the
growth of the peas?? I have searched high and low, on the 'net and in
books but I have not been able to find out how or why the garlic affects
the growth of the peas like it does. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so
much for any help with this.