[Plant-biology] Re: english word for flower?

Cereus-validus-........... fashizzle.yourself at spam.net
Mon Jan 9 02:35:41 EST 2006

No. Peloria is when a plant with normally zygomorphic flowers produces
rotate actinomorphic flowers instead. There is no change in the number of
floral parts, just in their arrangement.

An example is the florist Gloxinias derived from Sinningia speciosa.

news:43c20214$0$9138$afc38c87 at news.optusnet.com.au...