[Plant-biology] Re: english word for flower?

Cereus-validus-........... fashizzle.yourself at spam.net
Mon Jan 9 02:35:41 EST 2006

No. Peloria is when a plant with normally zygomorphic flowers produces 
rotate actinomorphic flowers instead. There is no change in the number of 
floral parts, just in their arrangement.

An example is the florist Gloxinias derived from Sinningia speciosa.

"Kye" <descardo at hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:43c20214$0$9138$afc38c87 at news.optusnet.com.au...
> Isnt this where the word Peloric is used???
> Kye.
> "Cereus-validus-..........." <fashizzle.yourself at spam.net> wrote in 
> message news:O8Dsf.338$xz.168 at newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>> As in the case of fancy Rose and Carnation cultivars too?
>> They are commonly called "double flowered" but the number of petals may 
>> be more than just double the original number.
>> I call them "cabbage flowered" or "cabbages on a stick".
>> "Annalena" <joeblond at wolke7.net> wrote in message 
>> news:1135800150.922769.172210 at f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>>> Hi
>>> i do a report about kalanchoe hybrids and need to know the english word
>>> for a flower that has more petals than usual. (for flowers like on the
>>> picture)
>>> http://www.rosalina.nu/Don%20Garcia.htm
>>> i would be happy to get an awnser
>>> thank you
>>> annalena

More information about the Plantbio mailing list