[Plant-biology] Effect of norflurazon n cell suspension culture of N.plumbaginifolia

Biotecnologo andrea.raccagniNS at virgilio.it
Wed Jun 14 11:20:49 EST 2006

Hi all.
I have a question for you.
I'm studing the effect of herbicide NFZ on a cell suspension culture of
N.plumbaginifolia.
I measure the fresh weigth of the cultures and the dried weight; i plot the
results in a X;Y dispersion graph (y = % growth of cll culture based on
dried weight, x = microM of NFZ in a log scale) but while i expected that
the point were allineated, i had a strange result:

microM    % growth
1                    20
2                    30
5                    60
10                  26
20                  40
50                  75
100                32

(the value f % of grothw are not the result i had, don't have them with me
now, but describe the situation in a perfect way! ;)  )

Anyone can help me for explain this strange trand?

Thanks,
  Andrea