[Plant-biology] Re: 7ft Sorrel?

Dave no.replies at no.where
Wed May 3 19:06:15 EST 2006

Thanks for the reply. I've concluded it's Rumex crispus (Curly Dock). Most
descriptions give crispus heights from 2-4 ft, but Googling for 'Curly Dock'
and 'food' found an article about eating Docks
(http://www.arthurleej.com/a-dock.html) that claims heights over 6 ft.

I went outside and inspected the wilting plants, which were cut at ground
level. The leaves tinge with deep red as they wilt, and the stalks look
rhubarb-ish. I took a picture to show height and added it to the scanned
images on the web page.

Apparently this 'noxious' weed can provide significant nutritional value to
folks lacking taste buds.

news:e3b137$c42$1 at news.tamu.edu...