[Plant-biology] Does Sedum rosea - roseroot sometimes have red flowers in the UK?

suzanne via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by suzanneharris from onetel.com)
Wed Oct 25 13:02:56 EST 2006

Hi, I am in the Outer Hebrides, islands off the North West coast of
Scotland.

I have been shown a wild plant that looks just like Sedum rosea only
with red flowers and just 2 inches tall.

My reference books only describe S. rosea with yellow flowers, and the
flora for the islands shows no similar members of the stonecrop family
growing here. I found Sedum integrifolium on line which looks just like
it, but the habitat seems all wrong - my one grows by a sea cliff.

Does anyone know if Sedum rosea sometimes has red flowers, or if there
is a red-flowered different species which looks like roseroot growing
wild in the UK?