[Plant-biology] Re: Help identifying plant?

Mike Joa via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by mjoa from SPAMMERSSUCKshaw.ca)
Thu Mar 29 15:03:33 EST 2007

"Malcolm Manners" <mmanners from flsouthern.edu> wrote in message
news:TUNOh.27206$xE.12598 from trnddc08...
> Mike Joa wrote:
>> Can anyone identify this plant which I photographed earlier today?  This
>> is an extreme close up and the blurred blades of grass should give you
>> some reference as to the actual size.  From memory the seed head (if that
>> is the correct term) is probably about 3-5 mm long.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
> Perhaps Plantago lanceolata?

That must be it.  Once you gave me a term to search for I have done some
searching and based on what I have seen and read I am fairly positive this
is what I'm looking at here in my back yard.  I hate taking pictures of
things and then later realizing that I have no clue whatsoeve as to what
that thing actually is!

Thanks again,
Mike