[Plant-biology] Cyclamen & Somona

Judy via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by rudandjud from westnet.com.au)
Mon Oct 8 04:55:35 EST 2007

Hi BOB,
It's Judy here from West Australia I realise from your addy where you come from and my answers would probably not be of any use having the weather conditions that we have ,damn hot in summer and freezing in winter. However I notice the date on your letter so you have no doubt sorted it all out by now.
But I'll put my ten cents worth in anyway I have my both my Somona's growing on my front verandah and they are not in any sun and get watered maybe one a week if they are lucky and sometimes get slow release fertiliser and they are looking really good.
My Cyclamens of which I have five plants indoors are flowering well all the time one I have had for three years and it has not stopped flowering ever.Pretty clever huh!
I have them still in the pots I purchased them in and feed them on thrive fertiliser and seasol you may not be able to get over there but thrive is an all purpose fertiliser and seasol is a pick me up for plants I mix them both together and water from the bottom only The position they are in is an easterly position in front of a large clear glass window and only get morning sun for a very short while okay. As I said looking at the date of your message you probably think I'm nuts replying at all.
However good luck Regards from Judy