[Plant-biology] Re: agrobacterium strains

Dr. Klaus Eimert via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by eimert from web.de)
Fri Jan 25 03:52:08 EST 2008

"kamalaker nasani" <agbiok4 from gmail.com> wrote in
news:mailman.346.1201234067.2451.plantbio from net.bio.net:

> Hi,
>
> Any one can help me to get the list of agrobacterium strains used for
> plant transformation and their host range.

Hi,
their is a nice short review on agro strains, their "history" and their
respective plasmids by Roger Hellens and Philip Mullineaux (2000, Trends in
Plant Science, vol 5 (10):446-451). If you want to know, whether a certain
strain/plasmid will work on "your" species, you'd better search the lit
databanks with the species' and the strains names.

Good luck,
Klaus