[Plant-biology] Re: Strange Fungi

monique via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by monique from mail.bio.tamu.edu)
Thu Jan 31 11:19:37 EST 2008

Oh, nice find!  Indianpipes.  Flowering plants in the genus Monotropa.
They have no chlorophyll but are thought to be parasitic on fungi
(mycotrophic) which are in turn parasitic on trees.  Cool, yes?

Monique Reed