[Plant-biology] Re: Direction of vine winding

monique via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by monique from mail.bio.tamu.edu)
Wed Jul 16 16:16:51 EST 2008

Ramon E. Bisque wrote:
> Began searching when I noticed that my pole beans were all climbing
> clockwise and a bind weed was winding in the other direction. (West of
> Denver)

Twining direction is determined by genus or species.  Some plants are
consistently clock-wise climbers and others are counter-clockwise.  For
fun, Google up the old Flanders and Swann song about the Honeysuckle...

Monique Reed