[Plant-biology] Need information regarding lignin isolation

Tony Travis via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by ajt from rri.sari.ac.uk)
Mon Oct 20 07:42:37 EST 2008

I no longer work in this area myself, but I previously worked in Andrew
Chesson's Biological Chemistry research group at the Rowett Institute
and we studied the lignin chemistry of forages in great detail.

Try doing a literature search for "A. Chesson" and "lignin". Andrew
Chesson has now retired, but our group did a lot of work in this area
until about 2000. My contribution to the research was quantitation of
plant anatomy in relation to forage degradability and nutritive value.

Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK
tel +44(0)1224 712751, fax +44(0)1224 716687, http://www.rowett.ac.uk
mailto:ajt from rri.sari.ac.uk, http://bioinformatics.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt