[Plant-biology] Need information regarding lignin isolation

Tony Travis via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by ajt from rri.sari.ac.uk)
Mon Oct 20 07:42:37 EST 2008

Hello,

I no longer work in this area myself, but I previously worked in Andrew
Chesson's Biological Chemistry research group at the Rowett Institute
and we studied the lignin chemistry of forages in great detail.

Try doing a literature search for "A. Chesson" and "lignin". Andrew
Chesson has now retired, but our group did a lot of work in this area
until about 2000. My contribution to the research was quantitation of
plant anatomy in relation to forage degradability and nutritive value.

Bye,

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK