[Plant-biology] Re: Glochids

monique via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by monique from mail.bio.tamu.edu)
Mon Apr 6 11:27:45 EST 2009

Preetam Janakirama wrote:
> A lot of glochids got stuck on to my palms.
> I was unable to remove them all and some of hem have gone inside the skin.
> What do i do? I am not having any skin irritation but I happened to read
> they are poisonous.

They are not poisonous, but they can become infected.  If you experience
problems, consult a physician.  If they have not already broken off at
skin level, you may be able to remove them with some strong adhesive tape.

M. Reed