[Plant-biology] Re:Tomato seed question, Plantbiolist

JB Williams via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by jb from greenworldpath.com)
Mon Nov 1 07:57:18 EST 2010

Gentlemen
\
This specimen has the weak, leggy look of a plant whose light requirements
are not being met. Tomatoes can take as much sun as you can give them, and
do best in 8hrs+ of direct overhead sun.

You have not indicated your location or latitude - there may  not be enough
sun to grow proper tomatoes at this time in your area.

You also may be low on nutrients.

JBW

-----Original Message-----
From: plantbio-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:plantbio-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of B. P. TBC
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 12:17 AM
To: plantbio from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: [Plant-biology] Re:Tomato seed question, Plantbiolist

Dear Peter!

> The explanation is probably a more common one. Pathogen, to little
water
> or to little nutrients are possible causes.
>
> Sorry that I can not help you more than saying that the seed has
nothing
> to do with it.

Thank you for your help!
Some additional information: I planted that tomato to a 25 cm wide
pot, in a mixture of potting soil and normal soil. I placed it to my
southern window.
2 days before I transplant it to pure potting soil. (I placed it to a
bigger pot, and I changed the soil.) I saw, that its root is small and
withered. I washed down it with clear water. This transplant wore out
it hardly, and lost the bottom half of its leaves.
I link some photo about it: first 2 photo were taken after this
transplant; last 2 photo were taken cca. 2 days later.
http://img7.indafoto.hu/1/2/5722_fd45c64e026040dbcb83395829d2aea5/9837877_e0
48eee2e5eed0adde8c4429c4d57edb_xl.jpg
http://img8.indafoto.hu/1/2/5722_fd45c64e026040dbcb83395829d2aea5/9837879_bb
c6bc34886e5113e66e2f170d4248f3_xl.jpg
http://img8.indafoto.hu/1/2/5722_fd45c64e026040dbcb83395829d2aea5/9837881_c8
347a1c0b98b17209a0761241b88553_xl.jpg
http://img6.indafoto.hu/1/2/5722_fd45c64e026040dbcb83395829d2aea5/9837883_1b
359b15cb06d696e85cf27f1dc56fd1_xl.jpg

What can I do to my plant become more strenght?

Thank you for your help!

P.