[Plant-biology] Re:Tomato seed question, Plantbiolist

B. P. TBC via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by tbc_z87 from mailbox.hu)
Mon Nov 1 14:47:41 EST 2010

Dear Sir Williams!

Thank you for your help!
> This specimen has the weak, leggy look of a plant whose light
requirements
> are not being met. Tomatoes can take as much sun as you can give
them, and
> do best in 8hrs+ of direct overhead sun.

Normally it is placed on my southern windows, it get direct sunlight
from 7 o'clock to 17 o'clock, but after I exchanged its soil, and I
placed it to direct light, it withered. I moved temporary it to my
eastern window.

> You have not indicated your location or latitude - there may  not be
enough
> sun to grow proper tomatoes at this time in your area.

My location is Hungary, Central Europe.

> You also may be low on nutrients.

What kind of nutrients must I give? Yet it's soil is general potting
soil, which contains peat and sand, and it's PH is between 6 and 7.

Many thanks:
P.