[Plant-biology] DIPPI-C: G-cubed Special theme call for manuscripts

brodie via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by brodie from hku.hk)
Thu Jan 19 07:48:02 EST 2012

Dear list members:

G-Cubed special theme OPEN CALL FOR MANUSCRIPTS: Development of Isotopic Pr=
oxies for Palaeoenvironmental Interpretation: A Carbon Perspective (DIPPI-C=
)

We invite you to submit a manuscript to our special theme in Geosystems, Ge=
ophsyics, Geochemistry (G-Cubed). The theme is called =93Development of Iso=
topic Proxies for Palaeoenvironmental Interpretation: A Carbon Perspective=
=94 (DIPPI-C) and has an open call for manuscripts. We encourage you to con=
sider submitting a manuscript if your research is related to (but not stric=
tly limited to) the following:

Constraining the carbon (C) cycle is vital to understanding environmental p=
rocesses at a variety of spatial and temporal scales. A robust quantificati=
on and interpretation of these processes requires an integrative inter-disc=
iplinary understanding of the complex, non-linear mechanisms that control t=
he behavior of C isotopes and biomarker distributions in the environment. T=
his special theme forms part of the =93Development of Isotopic Proxies for =
Palaeoenvironmental Interpretation: A Carbon Perspective=94 (DIPPI-C) worki=
ng group (www.dippi-c.org<https://hkucc1.hku.hk/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>) =
which specializes in the synthesis, analysis and interpretation of organic =
and inorganic carbon in the natural environment at all spatial and temporal=
 scales. We seek contributions covering (but not limited to) plant physiolo=
gy/biology; soil processes; ecology; diagenesis and recalcitrance; modern a=
quatic and sedimentary environments; carbon transport pathways; palaeoenvir=
onmental reconstructions; archaeology; biogeochemistry; carbon capture and =
storage; and method development.

Manuscript submission and guidelines will follow standard G3 publication pr=
ocedures (see G3 author information<https://hkucc1.hku.hk/owa/www.agu.org/j=
ournals/gc/author-info.shtml>)

To submit a manuscript, please use the Geophysical Electronic Manuscript Sy=
stem (GEMS), which can be found here<http://gcubed-submit.agu.org/cgi-bin/m=
ain.plex>.

If you have any queries on the suitability of your manuscript for this them=
e, or any other manuscript related queries, please do not hesitate to conta=
ct Dr. Chris Brodie (Theme Editor; brodie from hku.hk<mailto:brodie from hku.hk>). If=
 you are working on stable and radio isotopes of carbon and/or biomarker di=
stributions either on their own or in conjunction with other data, we'd be =
interested to hear from you!

All the best,
Brodie

Dr. Chris Brodie
Department of Earth Sciences
James Hsioung Lee Science Building
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road
Hong Kong SAR, China

Associate Editor for Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems (G-Cubed)

Co-Chair of Development of Isotopic Proxies for Palaeoenvironmental Interpr=
etation: A Carbon Perspective (DIPPI-C) working group

www.dippi-c.org<http://www.dippi-c.org/>
http://hku-hk.academia.edu/ChrisBrodie