SUBSCRIPTION/USAGE INFORMATION - Part 1: Subscribing

Bratislav Stankovic stankovic.1 at osu.edu
Wed May 29 00:24:01 EST 1996

SUBSCRIPTION/USAGE INFORMATION

All BIOSCI/bionet newsgroups are now accessible via the World Wide
Web.  Please go to URL http://www.bio.net, click on the "Access the
BIOSCI/bionet Newsgroups" option, and then click on the
PLANT-SIGNAL-TRANSDUCTION/bionet.plants.signaltransduc hyperlink.  You
can read, reply to, or post new messages through our Web site if your
Web browser is configured properly to send e-mail.

If you prefer to use your local USENET newsreader, PLEASE NOTE that
many USENET sites do not allow automatic creation of new USENET
groups!!!  If you do not see bionet.plants.signaltransduc in your
newsreader within another day or two, ask your news system
administrator to act on our "newgroup" message to enable the group at
your site.  We have already done several tests and are certain that
the group is currently propagating around the network.  If he/she can
not find the newsgroup message, have them retrieve the bionet
checkgroups message from URL

ftp://net.bio.net/pub/BIOSCI/doc/bionet-checkgroups-msg

This file contains the latest list of bionet USENET newsgroups and can
be used to update your bionet distribution.  If the newgroup did not
arrive at your site, it may also be necessary for your news
administrator to contact the upstream computer site providing you with
your newsfeed and determine if they acted on the newgroup message.

Subscribing to this group:
also try the command "g bionet.plants.signaltransduc" in rn-like
newsreaders in order to add the group to your newsgroup list.

IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE BY EMAIL AND IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN EUROPE,
AFRICA, OR CENTRAL ASIA: please send the word

help

in the body of your message to MXT at dl.ac.uk to retrieve general server
usage instructions.  To subscribe to the PLANT-SIGNAL-TRANSDUCTION
list, first be sure that you are sending mail from the address at
which you wish to receive news postings, and then send the command

SUB bionet-news.bionet.plants.signaltransduc

to MXT at dl.ac.uk.  This message will be automatically read by the
computer and your e-mail address will be extracted from the mail
header and added to the list.

IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE BY EMAIL AND IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE
AMERICAS OR THE PACIFIC RIM: log in to the computer account in which
you would like to receive mail (not an account that you use
infrequently) and send a mail message to the Internet address

biosci-server at net.bio.net

Leave the Subject: line of the message blank and enter the following
line into the body of the mail message:

subscribe plsignal

This message will be automatically read by our computer.  Your e-mail
address will be extracted from the mail header and added to the list.

Canceling your e-mail subscription:
-----------------------------------

IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN EUROPE, AFRICA, OR CENTRAL ASIA: first be sure
that you are sending mail from the address at which you signed up to
receive news postings, and then send the command (in the body of your
mail message)

UNSUB bionet-news.bionet.plants.signaltransduc

to MXT at dl.ac.uk.  This message will be automatically read by the
computer, and your e-mail address will be extracted from the mail
header and removed from the list.

IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE AMERICAS OR THE PACIFIC RIM: send a message
to biosci-server at net.bio.net exactly as described above for
subscribing except include the text

unsubscribe plsignal

in the body of the message.  Please be sure to send the message from
the account whose address matches the one on the list.  If your
address differs, we will be notified automatically and will remove you
manually from the list if we can determine your old address.  Please
contact biosci-help at net.bio.net if you have problems.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM:

Please send a message to one of the following addresses depending upon
your location

Address                              Location
biosci at daresbury.ac.uk               Europe, Africa, and Central Asia
biosci-help at net.bio.net              Americas and the Pacific Rim

and someone on the staff will help you.  PLEASE DO NOT send mail to
our personal e-mail addresses as this will delay a response to your
request for help.