Postdoc position

Marc Knight marc.knight at Plant-Sciences.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 12:37:54 EST 1997

University of Glasgow
INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL AND LIFE SCIENCES
DIVISION  OF  BIOCHEMISTRY  AND  MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
=20
POSTDOCTORAL  RESEARCH  ASSISTANTSHIPS  IN  PLANT MOLECULAR  SCIENCE
=A314,317 - =A3 15,986 p.a. (under review)

Two postdoctoral positions funded by the BBSRC are available in the Plant
Molecular Science Group.  Both posts are for 3 years and are to start as
soon as possible.

1. With Dr G.I. Jenkins and Dr M.R. Knight (University of Oxford) on the
signal transduction processes coupling UV-A/blue photoreception to the
control of gene expression in Arabidopsis (see Plant Cell 8, 1555-1567).=20
Applicants should preferably have experience in molecular biology and/or
cell physiology, ideally in cell calcium measurements.=20

2. With Dr. G.I. Jenkins and Dr. A. Crozier on the role of phenylpropanoid
and flavonoid compounds in conferring UV protection using  novel
Arabidopsis mutants with elevated expression of flavonoid biosynthesis
genes and increased tolerance of UV-B and transgenic Lotus corniculatus
plants altered in the levels of putative protective compounds.  Applicants
with interests in UV protection, secondary metabolism and/or experience of
the analysis of plant products by HPLC or GC would be especially welcome. =
=20

Applications, including a full CV and the names and (e-mail) addresses of
two referees should be sent to Dr. G.I. Jenkins, Division of Biochemistry
and Molecular Biology, Bower Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12
8QQ, UK.   Informal enquiries are welcome: Dr G.I. Jenkins  (0141 330 5906;
e-mail: g.jenkins at bio.gla.ac.uk) or Dr. A. Crozier (0141 330 4613, e=96mail:
a.crozier at bio.gla.ac.uk).  Closing date 2nd May 1997.

--=20
>: Marc R Knight                       |      Department of Plant Sciences,
Tel. + 44 1865 275023               |              University of Oxford,
Fax. + 44 1865 275074               |                  South Parks Road,
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~dops0009/    |                    Oxford OX1 3RB.