protein sequence motif data base?

Mon Aug 20 13:08:58 EST 1990

I was wondering if anyone has compiled a data base containing the
motifs characteristic of particular functional domains of proteins -
eg. the leucine zipper, ATP binding proteins, GTP binding sites on
GTP binding proteins etc. The nearest thing I know to it is the prosite
data base, which I have - but is there anything else. Would the prosite
data base in combination with something like the plsearch programme be
sufficient to pick up a leucine zipper in a new sequence for example?
				Paul Fisher (micprf at
P.S. Please post reponses to the news group as this might be of general