Protein Structure Display

Rudolf Baumann ruba at
Fri Dec 6 03:38:25 EST 1991

Chris_Upton at writes:

>   I looking for a program that will display protein structures on a Sparc2.
>I don't need to do anything fancy just look at the structures and twirl them
>I tried the demo version of Mac-Mimic, worked great but was very slow
>(unusable) for a 300 aa protein when using a Mac IIcx. I guess it was meant for
>the new fast-macs!

I have a demo version of a program here, which seem to be quite usable.
It is from a company which is called PHI-SQUARED (Philip S. Cohen,
Philip J. Mercurio)
Send mail to phil at for information.

I am not connected in any way to this company, I only looked into the
demo program and was quite impressed with what I saw.
Rudolf E. Baumann                                    ruba at
Institut fuer Molekularbiologie & Biophysik          MOLEKULA at CZHETH5A.bitnet
ETH Hoenggerberg (HPM G6)                            Tel. ++41 1 377 33 97
CH-8093 Zuerich/Switzerland                          Fax  ++41 1 371 48 73