software to locate given amino acid composition in sequence

Lee F. Kolakowski lfk at eastman1.mit.edu
Wed Oct 30 08:42:50 EST 1991

On 29 Oct 91 17:31:56 GMT,
gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) said:

> My copy of GCG for Unix just arrived in a big box a couple hours
> back.  We've been using the Beta test release of this for a few
> months -- it is every bit as good as the VMS version, only much
> faster.

Is this just VMS software ported to Unix, or does the new GCG do things
in a more Unix style like using pipes, standard-in and out?

Not to say that the VMS-model is bad, just that it does not work like
the rest of Unix.

--

Frank Kolakowski

| Email: lfk at eastman1.mit.edu or kolakowski at helix.mgh.harvard.edu or  |
| lfk at athena.mit.edu or  kolakowski at wccf.mit.edu                      |
| US Mail:                                                            |
| Lee F. Kolakowski                                                   |
| Endocrine Unit                    Massachusetts General Hospital    |
| Wellman 5                         Boston, MA 02114                  |
| Phone AT&T:  1-617-726-3966       #include <disclaimer.h>           |