need help

Zhiguang Qian qian at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca
Thu Oct 24 12:00:34 EST 1991

    I am a student in computer science. Now I am working on the DNA or
protein sequences alignment, expecially non-intersecting local alignment
algorithm. Since I have no biology background I want to know the meaning
or usage of non-intersecting local alignmen in the molecular biology
reseach.

    The local alignment algorithm can locate matching segments within two
sequences. The non-intersecting alignment means the matchings in the
previous i local alignments will not be chosen as matching in the i+1 and
later local alignments if we want to find K local alignments.

    I appreciate any help from you.

    Thanks.

Zhiguang Qian