(none)

Mark W. Ravera MWRAVERA at BIOTECHNET.COM
Thu Oct 17 21:18:16 EST 1991

	I am in search of information regarding protein inactivation via cysteine oxydation.  I am working with acidic fibroblast growth factor, which contains three reduced cysteine residues, two of which are strongly conserved evolutionarily.  It has already
been shown that forced oxydation of these Cys residues inactivates the protein, and I am trying to expand on this initial observation.  Any info on cross-linking with other proteins or especially LMW thiols would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mark W. Ravera (mwravera at biotechnet.com)