protein ribbon diagrams

Ethan Merritt merritt at
Fri Apr 10 18:28:14 EST 1992

In article <1992Apr10.152724.28248 at> laub at (Paul Laub) writes:
>	I am interested in generating a Jane Richardson-style ribbon
>diagram of cytochrome C including the heme. In the past, with simple
>	Does anyone know whether modifications of this (or other programs)
>exist to handle the heme? I use an SGI Personal Iris 4D25TG with Irix 3.3.

	You could try picking up RASTER3D for the Iris via anonymous ftp
from   I don't know whether the ribbon variants
it draws are exactly what you want, but it would certainly allow you to
compose a figure which contained both a ribbon and selected residues,
prosthetic groups, etc.
					Ethan A Merritt
					merritt at