motifs

Todd Lowe lowe at ironic.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Dec 3 02:19:05 EST 1992

In article <9211251824.AA06428 at xibalba.cshl.org>, mzhang at XIBALBA.CSHL.ORG (Michael Zhang) writes:
|> Is there any protein or DNA sequence motifs database (or collections) available
|> in the network?
|> -Michael Zhang
|>  mzhang at cshl.org

Prosite, a database containing over 600 characterized sequence motifs
can be found here at the National Center for Biotech Information (NCBI)
via anonymous ftp (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov).   Look in the /repository/prosite
subdirectory once logged in.  For that matter, we make available most
of the other molecular bio databases in /repository (i.e. Genbank,
Swissprot, yeast, enzyme, vector, etc).

-- Hope you find what you're looking for...

Todd Lowe
Basic Research Branch, NCBI
Nat. Library of Medicine, NIH
Bethesda, MD