Multiple alignment of protein sequences

David Steffen steffen at mbir.bcm.tmc.edu
Thu Feb 6 10:07:04 EST 1992

In article <1992Feb5.202309.22818 at coe.montana.edu> umbjs at cs.montana.edu (Jean Starkey) writes:

>	I would like to know the programs that will
>allow me align primary sequences ... FASTA, BESTFIT
>and other programs on the GCG package ... allow one to
>align only two sequences at a time.

The program I use and like very much is PIMA by Randy Smith and Temple
Smith (Smith and Smith, Proc-Natl-Acad-Sci-U-S-A 87: 118-122).  It
does multiple alignments quickly and well.  Randy Smith can be
contacted here at Baylor College of Medicine (rsmith at bcm.tmc.edu).

--
David Steffen
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX 77030
Internet = steffen at mbir.bcm.tmc.edu